The primary responsibility of Receiving/Quality Inspection Specialist is to maintain material receipt, inspection and documentation for in-bound materials with CMD work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures. This Position will be cross-functional and a back-up to the Logistic Specialists in the warehouse. The role will carry additional responsibilities for back-up in the areas of purchasing, shipping, and production.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, segregate and perform inspection of incoming materials & record results.
- Inspect incoming raw material products per company procedures. Examples: Sampling and verifying specification measurements of raw material, parts, assemblies and products using measurement and test equipment such as calipers and micrometers to name a few.
- Verify functionality of materials or components by conducting tests or interpreting test data that would indicate deficiencies.
- Validate product certifications and when necessary, prepare forms such as requests for inspection, material certificates and proof of sample inspection reports consistent with customer expectations identified on product documentation or other direction.
- Gather objective evidence on process or quality system deficiencies, organizing and presenting it to support company decision making.
- Assist in company audits as it relates to receiving and shipping.
- Perform packing, generation of shipping documents and shipping of products to customers per customers specifications.
- Review completed Travelers when requested.
- Support Calibration activities.
- Support and assist QC in inspection, warehouse staff and/or production as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the department manager.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- The Receiving/Quality inspector must have at least a high school diploma or GED and have excellent math skills and strong verbal and written skills.
- Previous experience in medical devise manufacturing, preferably in the Quality or Receiving Inspection department.
- Applicant must be able to make good decisions in a fast pace and stressful manufacturing area. Must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization with good sense of integrity and promote team excellent.
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance machined components with complex geometry.
- Proficient at reading customer drawings to perform source inspections at sub-tier suppliers.
- Skillful with using measurement instruments such as micrometers, scales and fixtures to name a few.
- Experienced at reading customer engineer drawings and diagrams, inspection instructions and checklists.
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, pertinent ANSI/ISO standards, calibration methods and techniques.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for 3-4 hours at a time or stand 1-2 hours at a time. Be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Paid holidays